About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Student. Artist. Wookie..

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Trophy





Taking a Munny Doll, by Kidrobot, that I had already practiced painting onto I decided to take the practice further (as well as cover up the initial shoddy job). Using acrylic paint, but this time applying it in three thin layers building up the colour seems effective. However you can still see the brush strokes left from the first paint job. I think that using this technique on my other DIY toys will work better giving a smoother finish. This paired with the addition of varnish or spray will work best. I am also going to use spray paint in future for the best finish and applying smaller details in paint/ marker. As for this Munny, for now I actually like the finish, as it looks almost like graphite, as it has texture and almost metallic shine. I may add some white details or pattern to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment